Leaders support Essex County Council’s Prevention Strategy
Health and care leaders in Suffolk and North East Essex have thrown their support behind a new prevention strategy for Essex.
At its heart, a desire to help people to remain independent as well as an emphasis on education and economic growth.
Nick Presmeg, Executive Director for Adult Social Care at Essex County Council, told the STP Board: “Good education, good job opportunities, and access to good housing are all crucial to physical and mental health and wellbeing.
“With an ageing and growing population, it is vital that we find ways to reduce avoidable demand on our services which is a key aim of the strategy.”
Once implemented, it is hoped that the strategy will lead to:
• Better educational attainment and skills
• A vibrant economy and skilled workforce to support inclusive economic growth.
• People in Essex living healthier lifestyles with higher rates of physical activity
• Reduced social isolation and improved mental health through stronger communities
• A reduction in the proportion of people in Essex living with multiple Long-Term Conditions (LTCs).